Monday, July 18, 2011

Computer Blues

So, my dad thought it would be just magnificent to take my computer power chord and use it to replace his lost one, so my computer was off all weekend! That's a lot of time...the good thing that came out of it was that i got to get ahead with my reading for school and annotating. I've got less than 100 pages to go in To Kill a Mockingbird and I'm rather sad that it has to end!

Today my friend and I went to LACMA (Los Angeles County Museum of Art) to go see a Tim Burton exhibit! It was AMAZING! okay, i feel like i'm using the word "amazing" a lot....does anyone know any good synonyms? Anyways, it consisted of a lot of his artwork, sketches, paintings, and movie props! It was sooooo cool! There was this one room where the art was in like neon colors and glow in the dark colors and they put a black light on it and it was so cool! A bit creepy, but cool. That's how his work is, its a bit demented and strange, and sometimes grotesque, but if you examine it carefully, you notice how artistic it all is! It really impressed me! He is also very funny! He puts captions on some of his drawings and they're hilarious! I enjoyed myself a lot!


a big plus! there was a lot of Johnny Depp stuff!!! like the Edward Scissorhands outfit, the gloves, the angora sweater from Ed Wood, the head gear from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and things like that.... it was fun! :)

I'm tired now.... oh! i saw this movie, called The Male Animal, with Henry Fonda and Olivia de Havilland! it was hilarious! I have a huge crush on Henry Fonda! he's just such an amazing actor! i mean have you not seen 12 Angry Men?!?!!? and if i could recommend a movie...you should see The Big Street. it starts Lucille Ball and Henry Fonda, now this isnt a comedy....SHOCKER i know.... i thought she did a really good job portraying her character in this movie.... It was said to be one of her best acting performances.... i would really go and check it out if i were you! 



Well im sleepy now! Good Night everyone!
oh and if your waiting for the next chap of my story, im sorry that its taken so long, but like i said before, i havent been able to be on the computer much, but im hoping by tommorow that i will have Chapter 5 up! 
Thanks a lot guys for reading!
SWAK <3

No comments:

Post a Comment