Saturday, October 22, 2011

DTASC, Flu Shot, and Glasses...

So it's Saturday! Yay! finally the weekend...it seems that this year the weekend just doesnt come soon enough...

So this past week has been kinda hectic...but it seems like every week is...on thursday i went to the doctors to get a flu shot..those things hurt A LOT! my arm is still kinda sore....i guess it might have to do with the fact that im a big baby when it comes to shot...i really DONT like needles... XD that's why ill probably why i'll never get any other piercings or any tattoo in my life...i'd be too scared to!

Um so yeah,  i got the flu shot and then we went to go get my eyes checked because i've been having trouble reading from far away (mainly the board) and when the people came to our school to check our hearing and eye-sight...i was having a hard time taking the eye test...well so we went to the optometrist (that's what they're called right? ;P) and he put me to look at all these different machines to test my vision and stuff...we'll im happy to say that my eyes are 100% healthy...but that's just the eye ball... it turns out i'm near-sighted, like my mother... its not bad right now..but i am getting glasses and they helped a lot when we tried on the lenses because i could actually see clearly! it was amazing! so ill be getting the glasses in like a week or two.... ill be sure to tell you about that.... what does scare me is that the doctor said that as my eyes grow, the near-sightedness will progress...which means its gonna get worse :( oh well....

i finished my Linda Gray book today! i LOVED it! i really do recommend it to a lot of people...but really i would recommend it to girls because she says a lot of things about like life and how to stay healthy and to feel good about yourself and i think what she says is really true and just good to know... im officially thinking of her as Larry Hagman's female counterpart because not only are they just perfect together...but they have the same way of looking at life and the same sense of humor! i was laughing so hard at the things she was saying it was great! my mother must have thought i had gone mad! :P



I started volunteering at the hospital again, now during the school year, so its only 2 hour shifts, which i find nicer and a little easier to handle... so that was fun i guess...
im at my mothers office waiting for her to finish the accounting she's doing or whatever it is she's doing and then we get to go home and do homework! yay! can you tell i said that sarcasitcally? XD

oh! yesterday i went to work for my aunt and we watched Narnia...the new one...it was good...

i'm beginning to get nervous because DTASC (the theatre competition im gonna be in) is next Saturday and the showcase at our school of the scenes is on Thursday...i've never acted in front of a crowd.... i've actually never acted until this year, so yeah...i'm nervous...oh well ill get through it in one piece..hopefully....

i actually had a dream about it last night and it was a disaster! we completely failed and were laughing on stage and it was just terrible...then there was something about a mall and kung-fu...
yes i have weird dreams, you should know that...maybe some day ill tell you about them.... i mean i've got 4 followers...what have i got to lose? one of them already knows my dreams are a little weird...because we talk about them a lot...and she taunts me about them.....so now i cant look at a can of Sprite without laughing really hard...and well the three other followers will either think im strange or have gone mad... probably you'll think i'm mad... why else would you be reading this anyways?

this just reminded me of Linda's book actually...its good to poke fun at yourself...that way you dont take yourself too seriously...and trust me...i poke fun at myself ALL THE TIME!

"I've had a pretty laughable career, and the thing that has gotten me through it is my sense of humor"
take it from her people, it helps!

has anyone told you that you are loved and appriciated recently? well you are... so have a good day and thank you for reading! :)
~Briggitte

ps: if you have the time, please drop me a line or two of your thoughts on the blog or anything else...i'd love to hear from the people that read this..if they do... dont be shy! :D

1 comment:

  1. Darlin' you're going to have to tell me about these dreams of yours . . . especially the Sprite one.

    ReplyDelete